#Korea is a weekly series on my blog documenting my time leading up to and during to my year in Korea. Check out the original post for a longer explanation here.
WEEK 3: April 22-29
Not much to report on the Korea front as I finished up my last few days in Chile and spent over 24 hours getting home! This involved two plane rides, a shuttle, hanging out for hours at Union Station in DC, a 3+ hour ride home on Megabus, and then an hour driving home. I promptly fell asleep yesterday and my mom woke me up nearly five hours later.
Santiago was lovely, though in a totally different way than the Atacama Desert. Natasha and I spent Sunday taking advantage of our wifi and catching up on our work, and then we worked with a food tour on Monday (shout out to the lovely Food Trip Chile! Full post on them coming soon). Tuesday we walked around Santiago, and Wednesday I went on a tour to Valparaíso and Viña del Mar.
I’m not going to lie, I could see basing myself out of Chile one day, even if it’s short term. I’ll have to keep an eye on it as a potential digital nomad home base!
In case you missed it, I wrote a post on the one country I refuse to visit, and I just wanted to thank you all for the lovely responses!
I wish I had more to report! This next week is going to be full of errands since I’m going to gone for most of May, so I’ll have a bit more of a teaching-in-Korea-related updated. My parents’ home is also sold, so we’re officially moving out by the end of the month, and I’m discovering just how much they saved over the years… (who knew I had a toy washing machine?!).
P.S. If you know anything about records let me know, my dad has a BUNCH he was going to just toss out before I stopped him.
OTHER RANDOM THOUGHTS
- Listened to My So-Called Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella during my long travel home. She’s seriously one of my favorite light-read authors, and I loved this newest addition. [Buy it here]
- Also, watched Dave & Mike Need Wedding Dates on the plane. Funny, but not that good to be honest despite the main four actors normally being hilarious.
- Hailee Steinfeld came out with an amazing song called “Most Girls.”
- I also started watching “The Handmaid’s Tale.” It’s seriously good. Alexis Bledel is most decidedly not playing a reiteration of Rory Gilmore as Ofglen, and Elisabeth Moss is most decided not Peggy.
- One of my new favorite youtube channels is Mango Street. If you’re interested in learning more about photography and composition, they’re a great place to start.
That’s it! See you all for an update next week :)